Policy 510 - Activities Program
The purpose of this policy is to impart to students, employees and the community the school district’s policy related to the student activity program. ISD 477 is a member of MSHSL and follows all rules, regulations and bylaws pertaining to interscholastic eligibility.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
2020欧洲杯体育比分School activities provide additional opportunities for students to pursue special interest that contribute to their physical, mental and emotional well-being. They are of secondary importance in relationship to the formal instructional program; however, they complement the instructional program in providing students with additional opportunities for growth and development.
- The school board expects all students who participate in school sponsored activities to represent the school and community in a responsible manner. All rules pertaining to student conduct and student discipline extend to school activities.
- The school board expects all spectators at school sponsored activities, including parents, employees, and other members of the public, to behave in an appropriate manner at those activities. Students and employees may be subject to discipline and parents and other spectators may be subject to sanctions for engaging in misbehavior in inappropriate, illegal or unsportsmanlike behavior at these activities or events.
- It shall be the responsibility of the superintendent to disseminate information needed to inform students, parents, staff and the community of the opportunities available within the school activity program and the rules of participation.
- Those students who participate in Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) activities must also abide by the league rules. It shall be the responsibility of those employees who conduct MSHSL activities to familiarize students and parents with all applicable rules, penalties, and opportunities.
- The superintendent shall be responsible for conducting an annual evaluation of school activity programs and presenting the results and any recommendations to the school board.
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.49 (Co curricular and Extracurricular Activities)
- Princeton Public School Policy 503 (Student Attendance)
- Princeton Public School Policy 506 (Student Discipline)
- Princeton Public School Policy 610 (Field Trips)
- MSBA Service Manual, Chapter 5, Various Educational Programs
Adopted: February 6, 2018
Reviewed: May 21, 2109